Sunny and warm .....

28th August 2024 (Wednesday)    08.15 .... It's sunny, with an almost wall to wall blue sky this


morning;  and the first of a few days of brighter weather (with showers now and again).   According to the the weather forecast;  we to have a lovely, sunny weekend!    Anyway we have a lovely sunny morning to enjoy;  I might just take a turn round the Ferry on the bike:  I'm allowed on th bike as long as I don't overdo it... and have the proper seat.   Which I have.

22.00    Well I've had a busy day;  in fact I have probably done to much.   Tomorrow will be a proper 'rest day'.   Alice is coming along on the bus so, apart from meeting her off the bus and taking her back to the bus stop late in the afternoon I'll just unwind and try to relax.
I was feeling really good this morning and that of course is the problem.   When I feel good I tend to do things.   Today I did a washing, washed the bathroom lobby and kitchen floors and swept up leaves at the front door.    Normally that would be a dawdle but not now.   However I am slowly learning to do the harder over a few days.   I've got the time!


Later in the afternoon , while it was raining,  I went to the Store to do some shopping .   It's a tricky  adapting to older age and the inability to do things as before.   At least I didn't go out on the bike;  that is a no go until I'm back to 'normal'.
Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day.... in fact bonnier than today because, although there will be the chance of showers in the afternoon, there won't be many of them.
I'll try to get up early for the paper and have a run to the harbour before The Toft gets busy.

I made an appointment with Lorraine  and get my haircut at 09.30 on Tuesday.   Lexie was having her hair done when I was in making the appointment:  Lexie reminded me that the 'Lite Bite' lunch is at Colinsburgh next Wednesday.   I must remember to go to that, and catch up with the Colinsburgh news.   Now that I am getting back to 'normal' I must visit George (Mackie Housing) .... I might do that after I get my haircut on Tuesday!


After a busy day I should have a good night's sleep:  but I must get the hang o' pacing myself with the
jobs I want to do.   That said I felt really good this morning.... and that is why I overdid it.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....