Clearing sky .....

23rd August 2024 (Friday)    "Happy Birthday to Janice"... who is 21 and a bit today! xxx

09.00 .... The overnight rain (and there was a lot of it)  has moved away to the Southeast and the sky is


starting to clear from the West;   we should have 'bloo' patches soon:  'light rain with sunny spells' and a fresh breeze' is the forecast.   I'm going to unwind today.... and hope to have morrrrrrrrning coffee outside in the sun!   Today might be the day to make the scones I've been threatening to make for a few days;  that's a good way for me to unwind .   Nae 'Flap On'!   Actually that's wrong.... there is a slight Flap on;  Liz the Architect is dropping in to check the finished job.

14.30    Liz has been and  been and  passed the work, so I am a 'happy boy'.    Now all I have to do is unwind for the remainder of the day and  be 'back to normal' tomorrow.

I've done a washing because the wind has freshened and we have a good drying day now;  apart from that I have just been 'resting.    I haven't made the scones but everything is now organised.. all I have to do is .... have a cuppa then get into gear.


20.45    It has been a nice day.... breezy but not cold.   Mind you I went only as far as the Ferry High Street;  it would be windier on the beach and golf course.   As planned, I set out to make scones but ended up having a go at 'rock buns';  not very successfully I might add.   They didn't turn out anything like 'rocks;  more like flattish, very tasty biscuits, with loads of mixed fruit in them.   I always use the exact measurements, but I think the rock things wanted more flour.   I'll make scones the next time!


I went down to see Bob and Anne but they were out so I went as far as the Toon Hall to get a photo of the Polish Friendship plaque and the Polish bunting decorating the hall.   There was talk about the Polish soldiers stationed here during the war but I am not much good after 15.00 just now, so, although I'd have liked to go, I couldn't.  

The whole of the reinstated garden is beautiful, but the new handrail is without doubt the most beneficial addition for me.   I didn't realise just how useful, and important a proper handrail, would be for me .... er ... for elderly visitors to the garden!    "Thank You Gerry and the Rural Developments Team",  all your work is appreciated..... but the retaining wall and handrail is truly something else.

I think another early night in bed with the book and I could be almost 'bright eyed and bushy tailed'!   We can expect long sunny intervals with a fresh breeze tomorrow.... and the chance of light showers.     

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....