Nice morning ....

16th August 2024 (Friday)  08.30 ...It's a lovely morning but a layer of thin cloud is taking the

Jackie.
edge off the temperature so we have a chilly start to the day;  hopefully the sun will burn off the cloud to give us a sunny and warm(er) day soon.    The Auchnagatt 'troops' are expected to arrive about 10.30:  and I am organised .... and looking forward to seeing Jackie, Hazel, Catriona and Iain in one photograph.... a rare occurrence nowadays! 

20.30 .... I got the photograph that I wanted... all four (soon to be five) of the Lawrie Family of 'Backhill of Inkhorn' (Auchnagatt) in one place!   It has been a most enjoyable day.  We had lunch at the very popular Cupar Garden Centre Restaurant (it was busy) followed by a browse round the garden centre:  the 'troops' did proper browsing:  I had quick browse followed by a catnap in the car.   The middle of the afternoon is my siesta time; and especially so after a good lunch!   And it was a really good lunch!

Back at Ivy the 'troops went for a wander down to the beach.... I had another catnap!   Thankfully I have just taken the last of the anti biotic pills.... sleepiness was the main the side effect!  Not that I needed that to make me sleep.   They also did the job asked of them so I'm happy!  Anyway I should be back to 'normal' in a couple o' days.

Jackie, Hazel and Jr, Catriona and Iain.

Today's weather has been disappointing but at least it has been dry,... but cool!  Tomorrow is going to be brighter.....'sunny intervals with a fresh breeze'.... and, hopefully, warmer.   

Gerry came round to let me know that the garden is going to be reinstated next week.  I enjoyed the workmen being around, but must admit that I'll be glad to have my garden back..... and look forward to seeing the finished job.  I won't put any photos up until it is done.






 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....