Bonnie morning ....

18th August 2024 (Sunday)     08.00 .... This is one of those happy/sad days.... happy because

Maggie - right hand end of second top row.
Maggie was part of my life for so long, sad because on this date 15 years ago she died.   Yet she is still 'around';  if I have a problem I still think.... "what would 'The Boss' do" .... problem solved!  When I have my morning coffee on her Memorial seat at Chapel Green I think of happy times together.... and the 'ooverin' and dustin' I haven't done!    

It's a nice morning but there's a lot of cloud around just now;  hopefully it will melt away to give us a warm sunny day!   Right now it looks mair like it could rain. 



16.30   Although a bit breezy and not as warm as it should be at this time of year, it has been a nice enough day.   I had morrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee at Chapel Green as per plan.... in fact I spent over an hour enjoying the warm sunshine.   Maggie's Memorial seat is sheltered from a Westerly wind.    Chapel Green was busy with folk, some doing the Coastal Path and others walking their dog(s).   I met a couple, Dorothy and Douglas (husband and wife), who are holidaying in Pittenweem.   They live in

Falkirk, and take a holiday in the East Neuk every year at this time.   I enjoyed chatting to them (if they didn't know the history of the 'Royal Burgh' before.... they know it now);  a lovely couple.   The clouds suddenly increased in number and density, so I had to say cheerio;  I'd left my jacket in the car, and the temperature was dropping!   

21.00    Although this is always a day tinged with sadness, happy memories always rise to the top.  Great things happy memories... and I have loads. 
 
I've  had a quiet 'resting' day;  tomorrow I have an appointment at the Victoria at 09.30, so tomorrow is unlikely to be a 'rest day.   I am looking forward to having the garden back, not that I can do much with it now;  but I hope to enjoy morning coffee on the patio a few times before the colder weather.   Actually the air is quite Autumnal now .... and I'm sure that the trees are slowly starting to change into their autumn colours!   I must
Dorothy and Douglas.

organise new garden chairs ... and maybe even a new table.   I'll browse the internet after I get back home tomorrow.   Tonight is an early night in bed, with an early start tomorrow.   Izzy (Alice's daughter... also a Nurse) is taking Alice and me to the Vic, so I have an early start.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....