Peaceful morrrrrrning ....

2nd August 2024 (Friday)    07.30 .... we have one of those quiet mornings when even the

seagulls are at peace with each other;  long may it continue.   Though it is frustrating not being able to go out on the bike. I'm ready for Alan coming at 08.00:  we shouldn't  be long at Kirkcaldy because this is only trial run without the catheter.

21.30     This has been one long day;   Alan and I arrived at 'The Vic' 15 minutes early and I made my way up to the new Urology Ward; I was very impressed with new ward.   The nurses are absolutely brilliant;  they are friendly, cheerful and very helpful;  making what might have been a depressing experience into and interesting one.   The only problem was with my waterworks which didn't perform as needed.   I felt sorry for Alan who was sitting in the car expecting me back within half an hour or so.   I eventually went and updated  him on how things were.... and he decided to wait another 30 minutes or so.   When he came up to the 'Ward'  we decided that I'd have my lunch then go down to the car and phone Michael,   Alan then was able to go home.; but I still felt guilty.  "Thank You Alan" who had a much longer day out ....then we both expected.   

After another couple of failed trials it was decided to put in another catheter and we'd try again in three weeks or so.  Michael and Janice arrived, I picked up the new antibiotic tablets and we came home.    I must say that the two girls (Nurses) treating me went above and beyond helping me.... and we now know what the problem is. But I need another course of pills to begin to sort it out.


When I was out, Janice and Michael stocked up the food cupboards, fridge and freezer: which is much appreciated.    That should keep us in food until go back to 'Sunny Sussex' .

It's raining just now but the rain is supposed to clear away by morning time and we're going to have a bonnie day tomorrow.   I'm shattered now and ready to go to bed.   Janice and Michael are going to St Andrews tomorrow;  I'm going to be seriously resting.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....