Bonnie, but cool morning ....

27th January 2024 (Saturday)    08.45 ....There's a cool breeze this morning (a good drying day)


with sunny spells mentioned in the forecast for KY9.   I'm feeling friskier than I did yesterday;  I might even get the bike out this weekend if the wind moderates.  This morning I'm doing a bit of shopping in Leven and visiting Alice.   The road closure (Elie to Balchrystie) is going to be a nuisance but, at the end of it there should be no pot holes.   Watching the workmen on Ferry Road, doing the job as it should be done, it was easy to see why the pot hole patching system is a temporary fix.   Very temporary in some cases.


19.00    After a cuppa at Alice's HQ we went out to the shops.   The first shop we made for (Eddy's, Buckhaven) didn't have a vacant parking space so, being that Alice had just had her hair done, and it was a bonnie morning, it seemed a good idea (mine) to go to the site of the former Buckhaven harbour.   Of course it was blowin' a hoolie down there.... which sorted Alice's hair in 'nae time'.   For some reason neither of us wanted to linger, so we set off for the Bargain Store (Leven) and did the shopping.... then back to Alice's in time to have another cuppa before another, very tasty Alice lunch. 


As is my normal routine I was back home in time for an afternoon catnap;   I must have been tired because  I slept for almost an hour.   I am always surprised at how busy the roads are nowadays;  I think that's how it's going to be around the East Neuk all the time now;  and I rarely see a car that I recognise.   Change is happening all the time;  it's only when getting older that it becomes more noticeable.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....