Windy and wet .....

22nd January 2024 (Monday)   08.00   Hmmmmm ..it's not quite as windy as it was yesterday


(and overnight) but it's not going to be a day for pottering around outside.  The overnight wind had been drying the pavements.... but it's beginning to rain again;  'strong winds and rain' is the weather forecast so not a 'play day'.    The wind out in the Firth is WSW F7 - 8 (near gale)..... but is forecast to moderate later in the evening to give us a quieter night.   As you can see from the photograph, even Ferry Road was 'impacted' by Storm Isha!

12.00    Although windy the rain has been in the form of  squally showers rather than continual rain;  in fact we had a long sunny spell in the middle of the morning.    I haven't been out anywhere because I spent the morning setting the crock pot going with Scotch Broth.... but might go out after lunch.   Because the wind is strong it's cold out so going out is a wrap up well mission.   


13.30    I took time out (note to me ....must buy some 'Time Out biscuits) for a run round the villages in the car to get a few photos of the tail end of Storm Isha.   The wind has moderated since first thing this morning so not as wild as it was.... but one of the squally showers came over unfortunately.   The villages are busy with work going on all over the place.


20.30    The wind is supposed to moderate later then freshen up to become Storm Jocelyn... due to arrive tomorrow.   I'm not enjoying this windy weather.    Havin' said that I enjoyed making the Scorch Broth this morning, which gave me 7 ready meals for the freezer, so it hasn't been a wasted day.   If tomorrow turns out to be another windy and wet day (we might miss the worst of 'Jocelyn') I'll spend it working.   Oops.... I'm going to end the day with

a migraine (weather);  this isn't a bad time to have one a migraine.... I'll take a couple o' pills  then settle down in front o' the tele with a mug o' hot chocolate, Then have an early night in bed with my book!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....