Calm and overcast....

12th January 2024 (Friday)     08.00....I was surprised to find the air warmer than I expected


when I was out feeding 'Blob' this morning;  but, there's only a light Westerly breeze so hardly any wind chill, so that explains the warmth.   The 'plan' is to have breakfast then go for the paper and visit the harbour. before settling down to write the Kinneuchar stuff.

12.00    The car has been 'fed', the papers uplifted and the harbour visited.... and I can tell you that the warm air we had at 'Blob Time' has moved away....  it's now cauld.  The wind has freshened so there's lot of wind chill.   I'll stay in, and warm, to do some 'work' after a 'lite bite' lunch;  and I don't think I'll be far from the central heating for the remainder of today.

16.30    The sunny spells that I was looking forward to never materialised;  however I have just seen the weather forecast for the next few days and it's to be sunny and cold.   Not 'sunny spells'.... proper sunshine; unfortunately with a chance of snow showers at the beginning of the week.

I have been busy on the computer, writing up my 'Kinneuchar Project'.  Knitting it all together could take a wee while but it's good to have reached this stage and I'm enjoying doing it.

21.00    Jings.... I didn't realise that writing could be so tiring;  I feel sorry for folk that work in offices.  I'm having a break tomorrow and going to Methil to annoy Alice.... and maybe do a wee bit shopping in Leven.


The workmen are making good progress with the Ferry Road bit of the cable trench;  it's an interesting trench to browse... and you can see why it's so tricky.   I'll take few photographs tomorrow when the sun is shining so that you can enjoy it too!   It's much deeper than when I took today's photo.  When I think about it... it  seems a long time since I took a sunny photograph!   






22.30    I've just been watching the weather forecast and it looks like Tuesday and Wednesday will be wintry.  There was a time (long ago) when I looked on snow as exciting;  now I think of it as a nuisance... especially when it begins to thaw.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....