Overcast with drizzle.... ....

5th January 2024 (Friday)    09.00.... There's a light drizzle falling, and the sky is overcast.... it is not a


bonnie morning;  which is a bit annoying because I'm feeling 'bright and wheezy .... oops ....I mean breezy'.   With the dampness in the air you need gills to get the oxygen.  Calumn  (former apprentice at the Craw's Nest) is coming at 10.00 ish and we're going out for morrrrrrrrning coffee; he is a Health and Safety executive (Oil Rigs/Platforms) now, so I'm looking forward to hearing about his latest plans.   I wonder where we'll go for coffee?

14.00   Calumn and I went to 'The Ship' for morning coffee... and a bacon toastie;  and reminisced about our Craw's Nest days.   Calumn  brought me up to date with his and Karen's exciting news;  they are  going out to live in Brazil for 3 years where Calumn is taking up a new position in charge of 6 rigs. Calumn, Karen and 'Sooper Dawg' will be living in Rio de Janeiro; where it will be ever so slightly cosier than in Bonnie Scotland.   I'll be 'Googling' Rio this evening!

We had a long and hilarious chat about our happy days at the Craw's;  my sides were sair from laughin' when talking about some of the times we all had.  Those were the 'good old days' right enough.


18.30   I've had an enjoyable morrrrrrrrrring, followed by a lazy afternoon:  staying up late (as I did last night) is not for me nowadays.   That said it was well worth staying up for;  the 'truth' eventually won and the Postmasters will be getting compensated, though no amount of money will ever make up for what some of them have been through.   And the CEO of the Post office at the time (Paula Vennels), appointed a CBE in the 2019 New Years Honours list, should be stripped of the 'Honour'.



22.30    I suspect that tomorrow is going to be a 'rest' day for me;  but, after an early night tonight, and a good night's sleep I might be feeling playful... especially if the weather is amenable.

Right now I am ready for my bedtime chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....