I'm a Great Grandad ....

19th January 2024 (Friday)    08.00....With the road works in Ferry Road I put my bucket up by

the electricity substation last night.   This morning I went up to put stuff in the green bucket, before the bucket 'cairt' came roond.... and discovered that bucket men had already been.   It's a good morning to be up bright and early;  much warmer and windier that it has been of late.... and...rain/sleet showers are forecast and that could mean interesting clouds.  As long as the clouds are around, and not over us, it should be fine.   Having neglected the 'ousework, I'm going to have a quick run round with the 'oover before  working on the computer.   Slight 'Flap on' now.   I have a busy day ahead, but there's loads o'  time for another cuppa.

21.00   This has been an exciting day;  I am now a Great Grandad!   I don't know the weight and all the important things, of my Great Grandson;  all I know is that both Mum and baby are both well, and that Emily and John are now the proud parents of a bonnie baby son;  and there are now a lot happy relations around different parts of the UK this evening!   I feel quite historical all of a sudden!

Now what was I doing when Emily (and John, were busy?... oh aye... I did and hung out a washing, then went for a daunder to the beach.   Not down onto the actual beach only to the dunes and Nana's Seat.   There was a beautiful 'light' about with the sun hiding behind clouds at times;  and, though windy, it didn't feel too cold, but I was wearing a heavy duty jacket.   When I'm out with the camera on a morning like this, even if it had been cold I wouldn't have noticed.


22.30   I think I might have a cold coming on;  I feel headachy and tired so will have a lie in tomorrow morrrrrrrrrning.   That said, I am a morning person, so probably won't have a lie in but will have a good old 'kip' in the afternoon.   I'm excited about being a Great Grandad.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....