Warm and damp ....

20th January 2024 (Saturday)   07.45.... we have a warm, windy and wet start to Saturday.   The


light rain should move away  according to the weather forecast but it's going to be windy (SW) over the next few days... including an Amber Warning for strong winds on Sunday night and Yellow Warnings at other times.   Good 'ousework and computer weather.   I'm feeling 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' this morning... pity about the weather.


15.30   I went up to Elie to pick up the paper.... and my prescription at the Chemist, followed by a quick visit to the 'arbour.   It was raining at the time so I only stayed out long enough to grab a few 'wet look' photographs from my sheltered places.   On the way home I stopped at the baker's to get bread and a couple o' goodies.    It's a 'goodie' kind 'o day.   Back at Ivy I( sorted out the photographs, did some 'ousework, read the paper and watched the 'News' on the tele.  I came across a 'Midsomer Murders'

that I haven't seen so I watched that too.  The 'plan was to make Scotch Broth in the crock pot today, but somebody forgot to soak the Broth Mix; so that job will be done tomorrow.   In fact I'll soak the mix immediately after this update.  The weather hasn't been bad really;  it's just not been the kind of weather to get me 'fired up'.

19.30   Ferry Corner can be fairly cluttered  with all the different jobs going on around it just now;  when I see a huge delivery lorry I wonder how they manage to get round... but they do.   The boys digging the trench for the new electricity cable have the trickiest job, and it's one that can't be done fast.   They are now on their way along the High Street to Cross Wynd then down the Wynd... a total length of  nearly 200 metres.   Modern machinery makes short work of the actual

digging;  it's avoiding the services into the houses that takes the time.    It's all very interesting.














20.00   Emily and John  are back home with 'Baby Rushton'.   The former 'bump' weighs 6lb 7oz, but Em and John have yet to settle on a name.   He is photographed in the 'Grannie Yezzie' (Royal Burgh of Earlsferry) shawl.   He has brought a lot of excitement  and happiness with him.  






Unfortunately I can't position the photos the way I'd like on the page.... but that disnae matter.   'That's our boy'!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....