Early morning frost.....

6th January 2024 (Saturday)    07.30 .... The sun rises earlier this morning so daylight hours

Car windscreen.

begin to lengthen both evening and morning now (the sun has been setting later since 22nd December);  it's also the last day of the Christmas celebrations. There's a light touch of frost just at this time, but the forecast is 'sunny with a light NW breeze' so we can look forward to a bonnie, but cool day.   I'm feeling less tired this morning but will make this a rest day; I might have a wander down to the beach for sunrise;  but that will depend on how the pavements are.

17.00    I did go to the beach at sunrise time, even though the event would take place behind a cloud bank.  There was a bonnie sky with a lovely 'light'..... and folk walking their dogs on the beach;  everything I wanted for a few nice photographs.   Although there was a touch of frost in the air it wasn't that cold because there was only a light breeze.  I got the photos I wanted and wandered back to Ivy.

When I went out about half an hour ago to give 'Blob' and the Blackie their evening snack, I found a tin with rea bags at the door.   I'm having a a cuppa with one of the tea bags right now.   What I must do tomorrow is buy batteries for the door bell:  not only has it lost it's 'dong' ... the 'ding' has gone too!  My hearing is not the best and I rely on the doorbell waking me up if I'm napping;  I'm still recovering from the Festive Season so did a lot of that this afternoon.    That's the mission for tomorrow.   Apologies to whoever left the 'T' bags;  and the door bell will be back in operation sometime tomorrow!

20.00     Well it has been a nice enough day... and the villages are much quieter at the end of it.  Most folk will be back at work on Monday.   Ferry Road is going to be 'Closed' starting on Monday so that  a drain can be built into the Electricity sub station.   The water table is so high that it has flooded;  luckily the actual machinery is above the water level.
I've had a funny old day;  it began well but by afternoon all I have done is sleep;  I feel slightly under
 Ferry Corner.

the weather so I'll have a mug o' chocolate, and a couple o' pills and have an early night in bed with my book... 
'A History of the Scottish Railways'.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....