Overcast and damp .....

3rd January 2024 (Wednesday)    09.30 .... 'Light rain with a light Easterly wind' is our weather


forecast for today;  bonnie weather for pottering around Ivy.   I'm happy with that.... because I'm in the mood for working on the computer, but I need an early 'morrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee' to get fired up.   

20.30   The villages are getting back to normal after the Festive Season;  now we can begin to thing of Spring.... and today was warm enough to have us thinking of Spring.   The 'light rain' that was forecast never came our way.... not any time that I was out anyway.   There was a Friendship Lunch in the kirk Hall today so I thought I'd go to that (Myra phoned to remind me it was on).   I decided to go for a run to Kinneuchar via Balbuthie then down to Elie in time for the lunch to give the car a warm up after sitting for a few days.   I set off about 12.15;  by the time I got to Ardross I was beginning to get excited by the bonnie light and the mist..... the thought of food was rapidly fading into some quiet corner of the brain.    I was stopping in the layby's on the Balbuthie to


Kinneuchar road.   Yep... I missed the Friendship Lunch;  it was only when I was sitting in front of the computer, looking at the photographs I'd taken, that I remembered about it, and by that time it was to late.   Had I done the Balbuthie run after the Friendship Lunch I'd have missed the best of the light, so, though hungry and missing the friendly chat, I enjoyed my session with the camera.  I made myself a light snack for lunch and had fish and chips for denner;  at the end of the day I'm a happy... and tired boy.   
I must remember that Episode 3 of 'Mr Bates v The Post Office' is on at 21.00.... orf to put the kettle on.

22.30    'Mr Bates v The Post Office'  is an incredible, and true story.... and makes fascinating viewing.   It's the way that the Postmasters and Mistresses are 'guilty' until they can proved innocence (the American way) rather that our way of being 'innocent until proved guilty'.   Episode 4 (tomorrow) should be interesting.
It's raining just, and 'light rain and light winds' is the forecast for tomorrow,.... but it's warm for the time of year.  I'm going to visit Alice tomorrow morning... and do any shopping that I might need.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....