Hard frost ....

 17th January2024 (Wednesday)     07.30.... It's a bonnie morning but there's a hard frost, so it is

Car windscreen.

not warm;  thankfully there's only a light breeze so not too much wind chill.  'Blob' and Co have had their breakfast and I'm having a cuppa before I have mine.   Lunch is easy today;  soup, sweet, a cuppa and blether at the Colinsburgh 'Friendship Lunch'.    Apart from going to Colinsburgh lunch, I'm staying in and warm;  and working on the computer .... in between hot cuppas.  


18.45    I enjoyed the Colinsburgh Lunch;  I think there was about 25 people there... not including the girls in the kitchen.   There was a lot of happy noise coming from all the tables; that's always a good sign.   Considering that it has been bitterly cold all day I was surprised at the number of folk.   William 'T' wasn't there... but he might be down south at his daughters. The frost didn't lift in the  shade all day so it's going to be really cold tonight.


The work on Ferry Road continues... in fact they are now beginning to take the trench along the High Street so Ferry Corner is busy.   Then there the demolition of Katherine Villa going on down the Wynd:  a huge JCB looking thing with a grab on the end arrived this afternoon so there won't be much left by the end of this week.   I must take a walk down there tomorrow and get a progress photo for the archive.

21.00   Although I'm not fond of cold weather nowadays I have enjoyed myself today; going from one warm place to another one in a warm car is acceptable.
I see that the road from Elie (A917) to Balchrystie is going to be Closed' (resurfacing) for 4 weeks.  To travel to Leven means going  via St Monans and Abercrombie... or all the way to the 'Y' junction (with the B942) beyond St Monans.    The Balbuthie Loan road is not suitable for lots of traffic.... will be busy I have no doubt.   There is going to be a shuttle bus from Elie to Colinsburgh.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....