Bonnie, albeit windy morning .....

24th January 2024 (Wednesday)    08.00 .... Visually we have a beautiful morning.... but my word


it's windy (F9 out in the Firth).   This has been the wildest sounding night for me, because the wind backed to the SE about midnight, and was blowing up Ferry Road rattling the fence round the roadworks all night;  I think it 'wandered' up Ferry Road about two metres!   I'll enjoy (and need) my afternoon catnap: after lunch at the 19th.   The wind has since veered towards the WSW, and should begin to moderate soon.   With the wind being F7 there's a lot of wind chill but not bitterly cold.   That said.... it's a wrap upwell kind o' mornin'.




12.00    The wind moderated and is now 27 knots (F6 - 7) at the Forth Anchorage (off Kirkcaldy etc).... and on the golf course.    Apart from doing some ousework (not much) I've had a restful morning.   I will 'ave a good old old 'kip' this afternoon that's for sure.   I have been watching the News which is slightly 'different' now that the American Presidential race is 'on':  it's like watching the 'bully boy' politics of a school playground.   And we've been going down the same road since the 1980's.   I think I'll have a cuppa before getting organised to go to the 19'th.... I'm looking forward to lunch.


19.00    We ('the Team') enjoyed our  lunch in the 19th ...an early 'Kirsty's birthday lunch' her actual birthday is on Saturday.     The 19th has just re-opened after renovation and is looking good.... but it was quiet today;  which is understandable considering the gale that was blowing.  That reminds me;  I should get a good nights sleep tonight because the wind has veered to the WSW and won't be blowing up Ferry Road as it was last night.   I have been tired today and had a long catnap in the afternoon.  



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....