Beautiful morrrrrrrning ....

7th January 2024 (Sunday)    10.15   My door bell has it's 'ding' ... and 'dong' back.... but


fitting the batteries is not easy;  however, after a short conversation with said batteries, all is good again.   It's bad enough when you lose your 'dong' but losing the 'ding' too is seriously bad.   I rely on the door bell to wake me up if  catnapping.    

I've been for the paper, milk (and batteries;  plus took time out to visit the 'arbour).   I'm now ready for morrrrrning coffee.


20.30    With Ferry Road going to be 'Closed'  tomorrow (to sort out the flooded sub station), I decided to go to Leven to do a shopping while I could get the car parked at the door.   I don't know how long it will take to sort the drainage at the sub station, but I imagine it will be a few days.   Anyway I won't have to carry heavy shopping  bags for the remainder of this week.


I went up to Alice's for a cuppa, before we both went to Leven (Sainsbury's) to do the shopping.... then back to Alice's where Alice had prepared a stew for lunch;  followed by low calorie Profiteroles for sweet. Yummy.  I then bumbled my way back to Ivy and sorted out the messages before my afternoon catnap.   

This has been a lazy day; at least most of the afternoon was.   I've been watching a 'Shaun the Sheep' film but ... oh dear... it must have been made in America because it's way below the original 'Shaun the Sheep' standard.

I see that The Post Masters (and Mistresses) are finally getting justice, and there's an Official Enquiry into how it all happened:  (it will be interesting to see what that comes up with).   If it hadn't been for Mr Bates they (the Post Office) would have got away with it.  

The weather for tomorrow looks like being much the same as today's was;  I think I'll have a 'work' day

The 'Old' and  the 'new'.

around Ivy:  and I should have some activity up at the sub station.   Could be a busy day for me.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....