Feeling playful.... ....

16th January 2024 (Tuesday)    09.15.... with a bit of luck we might miss the worst of the bad

Ferry Road.

weather that's forecast for this afternoon.     However that's not bothering me;  I've been wondering how I could, comfortably,  transport a decent amount of shopping from the car to Ivy, as I'm temporarily unable to 'moor up' at the door.   Then I remembered Jimmy's 'hurdy gurdy' (walker thing with wheels) that I inherited;  it has a seat on it and could hold a decent sized bag;  problem solved.... I think.   I'll have a trial run .... maybe even today;  weather permitting.   Slight 'Flap on' now;  going to play with the hurdy gurdy.   The easy way would be to do an 'online' shopping but that isn't  a challenge!   But might do that as a last resort.

21.00   I decided to do the ' hurdy gurdy' shopping mission today and it was complete success.   I went to Sainsbury's and did a normal shopping .... fruit, vegetables, milk, all the heavy stuff; enough to fill two big bags.   And they were heavy.    Being in Leven anyway, I decided to take a chance and  earlier visit Alice, though I knew she had an appointment earlier in the morrrrrning.    Anyway Alice was in so I enjoyed a cuppa and a long blether.    By this time it was nearly lunch time so Alice suggested soup and a sweet.   I felt guilty for imposing myself  on Alice at her at lunch time.... but only for a few seconds;  anyway, the bad weather that had been forecast hadn't arrived.   I enjoyed lunch had another cuppa then I pootled off home to do the 'hurdy gurdy' bit with the shopping.   It worked perfectly;  two big bags on the seat and one dangling from the handle.  I now know that I can do this so I'm a happy


boy.   That said it's unlikely that I'll ever need to do it again.   But it was a challenge and I enjoyed it.   With me biking all over the place I have never really used the 'hurdy gurdy' for proper walking, but... and this is a bonus.... I found out that I can walk with reasonable comfort using it, so I'll have ago at a long(er) walk once the better weather comes.  Jimmy used to say that it made a big difference to his mobility (he had a bad knee too).

The bad weather eventually reach us about 15.30 to give us along spell of light rain.  I've just been out at the bucket and we have a hard frost now, so the roads, and pavements, will be treacherous tomorrow morning.   I am glad that I did the shopping today.    

There's a Friendship Lunch at Colinsburgh tomorrow and the plan is to go to that.   By that time the

Working at the 19th Hole.

roads should be OK.... and I'll take my time.   I will remember to go for Myra at 12.25.   At the moment the car is pointing East and I tend to go in what ever direction the car is pointing;  I must remember Myra is in the other direction!  This will involve a manoeuvre at some point.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....