Quiet morning ....

 13th January 2024 (Saturday)    08.00 .... Peaceful kind of start to the weekend .... 'even 'Blob' is


in a good mood.   There's a bit of red in the sunrise sky and very little wind;  'sunny with a gentle breeze' is the weather forecast so it will be a good day to be out.   

21.00   Alice made risotto for lunch which was just so tasty... and we had a fruit flan sweet to follow;  my word I love it when Alice is experimenting!   Not only that I have the 'rools' to make my version of risotto;  I think I have all the ingredients so I'll have a go... probably after I can get the car moored up at the gate again.



'Blob', the two Blackies and a hedge Sparrow (Dunnock) were waiting for their late afternoon snack today.... so they are expecting the cold weather that's forecast for the next few days.   And I saw a flock o' rooks 'feeding a storm'  on my way home from Methil.   How do they know the weather is going to change?.  It must be in the air.   The old farm folk used to know the weather by the way nature was acting.
That said, the weather forecast we get nowadays is reliable for a a week in advance, so there are good things can come from modern technology, not just sophisticated ways of killing each other.


I like watching 'The World's most Dangerous Roads'  now and again and today there was a couple of people, Zoe Lyons and  Joe Wilkinson, (who I've never heard of) doing a road in Turkey.  Well... they were the most boring couple I have even seen on the programme;  they didn't seem to have any sense of humour.    The road was interesting .... and dangerous, but they didn't seem to get 'into the programme'; actually I got the impression that the road was so dangerous that they really weren't enjoying it.... and were suffering from mild shock.   In which case apologies to you both.... you were really brave to keep going!   I still don't know what they do!   I'll Google them after this update.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....