Bonnie morning ....

 15th January 2024 (Monday)     It's cauld out but it's going to be a bonnie enough day as far as


the weather goes....'sunny with a moderate breeze' being the forecast   The moderate breeze is coming from the Artic, hence the cauld;  but it's fresh, and we can wrap up well.   I'll have a sortie up to Elie after the temperature gets up to about 1C.... though it will never feel warm in the wind because we're looking at -4 when you factor in the wind chill.  I might even have a run down to the harbour.... all this being done in the car.   Most of my  day will be spent 'working' on the computer. It's time for my breakfast now;  'Blob' was waiting for his when I went out at 06.50.

12.00    My word.... we have a "bright, sunny ... and slightly cauld on the lugs and hands" day;  cracker 'o a day for doing part of the coastal walk.   I've been for the paper (and got it) and visited the harbour.   As expected it was cold at the harbour;  bitterly cold out in the wind, but very enjoyable nonetheless.  A woollie hat and gloves took care o' the appendages.  


16.30  I got the feeling, when I was out at the bucket just now, that we're going to have a hard frost tonight;  the bucket lid was frozen shut!   I spoke to it nicely and it opened 'nae bother.  While I was wrestling with the bucket lid,  'Blob' and friends were hanging around waiting for their bedtime snack (crumbled up Digestive on top of the buckets).   So they've been fed.

Luckily, there's bowling on the tele just now, so that gives me something to watch during this cold spell.... and when I'm not messing about on the computer.

21.00    The work on Ferry Road has been at a standstill today.... we're between different stages of the job and it takes another team with different machinery to do the next bit;  so I've missed the hustle and bustle (and the noise) of activity outside.     A Scottish Power van did appear, and hovered about for  a wee while, but they must have been on a scouting mission.

According to the weather forecast we stand a chance of snow passing over us tomorrow afternoon, but

it could be proper snow up at Largoward etc.   Oh well I'm making progress on the computer so time isn't being totally wasted ... but it's harder to get motivated in this kind of weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....