Quiet morrrrrrrrrning ....

25th January 2024 (Thursday)     265th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns.

08.15.... it's good to get 'up' to a morning with only a F2 - 3 breeze .... and after a good nights sleep;  the


fence wasn't wandering around on the pavement to keep me awake!  The sky is overcast and there's a good chance of  precipitation coming in off the North Sea, but its peaceful.  Peaceful is good.   Any rain that does come should clear away in the afternoon.

08.45   The rain has arrived;  today now looks like being a good 'ousework and computer day.   I've had breakfast and I'm feeling reasonably frisky;  if it wasn't for the rain this would be a play day.

10.00    We have a lot of activity on the 'Ferry Corner' roadworks site this morning;  the pipe that the cable will run through is being put in place.  This means that the Ferry Road part of the trench can then be filled in and the road surface reinstated.  It wasn't raining when I took the photographs, but the chance of more spells rain to come.  A celebratory cuppa is required.


17.00    Not only were the workmen busy outside;  I was busy inside Ivy Cottage!   Anticipating a good drying day (soon) I stripped the bed and have washed the bedding ready to 'ang out tomorrow.... I hope.  If the 'drying day' doesn't materialise, the sheets can hang on the  'horse thing' in front of a radiator.  Making the bed up is not as easy as it once was but it's done; so I'm a happy, but tired, boy now.... and will be glad to flop into bed tonight. 




21.00    I have caught up with some 'ousework today;  done the bed and an ironing;  all I need is a drying day tomorrow.   The 'plan is to do some more pottering around Ivy , but I'll take time out to go for the paper.   The weather forecast is promising so it's fingers crossed for a drying day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....