Play day ....

7th July 2023 (Friday)   06.40 .... Last night’s dreich weather has moved away 


and we now have what I’d call ‘an interesting sky’ morning:  rather cloudy with the sun breaking through.... a bonnie mornin’ for the camera.   Right now there’s a heavy cloud coming over, so I’m going to have another cuppa before going for the paper.

09.15    Having done the ‘paper run’ the bike battery is now being charged up, ready for a run, later in the afternoon... or early evening.    Although we do have heavy clouds around us, we haven’t had any showers.... so far.   I charge the bike outside (safety) so I need to keep an eye on the weather.   

18.00    It took the sun a while to break through, but the day is ending with a lovely evening.... and it’s warm (21C);  actually it could be uncomfortably warm for sleeping tonight.   Having said that, I have had a busy and satisfying day and don’t think sleeping will be a problem.   I’ve been working on the Kinneuchar kirk project.... and watching Stage 7 of the Tour now and again.  Mark Cavendish, who I was wanting to win, finished second;  he needs to win one Stage to take the record for the number of stages won... at the moment Mark and Eddie Merckx are on 34.


20.00   It is a lovely, warm evening;  I’d go out on the bike but I’m in a drawing mood today so I’ll leave biking until tomorrow or Sunday.   Sunday has the better weather forecast: there’s a Yellow warning for thundery showers on Saturday.... active from 09.00 through to midnight.   Sunday is forecast to be ‘sunny with a gentle breeze’.... definitely the better day for the bike.

The joiners are making good progress with the roof trusses on the new extension.   It’s brilliant watching this job being done; this is proper ‘old fashioned’ roof trusses.... and the new attic could have one huge train set in it!   The whole job is being done the ‘old fashioned’ way;  I think I’ll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....