Warm air ....

28th July 2023 (Friday)      07.30.... The air is warm and the forecast good...,


but.... just now the sky is heavily overcast with the look of rain about it so no biking until later in the day.  Apart from the cloud, it’s a nice enough morrrrrning ..... and  the cloud  should evaporate once the sun gets going, to leave  us with ‘sunny spells and the chance of showers’.  

 08.15   We did have a light shower o’ rain just before 08.00.... but the sky is clearing from the West and we should have the sunny spells by mid morning.   Lochgelly is already basking in warm sunshine!

The satellite (Aeolus) drops into the Atlantic Ocean later today; follow the link to a fascinating BBC article that tells you all about it.   Does this mean that our medium term weather range forecasting will go back to what it was before ‘Aeolus’ (Greek God of the winds) was launched.    There was a noticeable difference in the accuracy of the forecast when Aeolus became operational.  

2nd Green.

10.30   We have a lovely day now.... and... at last I am fully awake (I had restless night)... having cat-napped my way into wakefulness!    The air is a bit 'mauchless' just now, I’ll have morrrrrrrrning coffee then go out to The Hutte and have a quiet morning with the pencils... then have a run round the villages about lunch time.

20.15     We’ve had a sunny and warm day;  more like the weather we should have in July.   That said.... it was ‘mauchless’ in the morning and later in the afternoon: there was a breeze in the bit in between which helped the breathing.   I went out on the bike once the breeze got up;  but only as far as the ‘pony field’.    I was happily snapping away when I began to be pestered by insects;  ‘flying ants’ to be precise.  Right enough it was the kind of days that ants have  nuptial flights.... and I was ‘stood staunin’ right next to an ants nest, wearing a bright yellow fluorescent bib.... I must have looked like a big dandelion to the ants.   They weren’t stinging (they had something else on their mind), but they have six legs and were tickly when wandering around my face ... and my hair.   I eventually abandoned and went back to Ivy to have a shower;  followed by a cuppa!

With the air being ‘mauchless’ I was happy to work in The Hutte for most of the

The 'Rires' part of Balcarres Estate.

afternoon.   I was thinking of going out on the bike this evening, but changed my mind and ended up in the Hutte with the pencils.   I’m a happy boy.  Tomorrow is going to be a fresher day...’light rain with a moderate breeze’ being the forecast.   Pretty much the same as today’s weather in fact.   But it might be 'damp' first thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....