Quiet morning ....

26th July 2023 (Wednesday)    08.00 .... I didn’t go out biking first thing;  I was


‘up’  early enough but the sky was threatening rain at that time  (05.30);   there’s still a lot of cloud,  but the sun is trying to break through, so I’ll go out later.... once the weather settles down.   Funnily enough, I’m in a ‘drawing’ mood just now, so I'm going to have breakfast then go out to The Hutte.  

14.40   I had a long drawing session this morrrning;  and I went out on the bike after lunch.   The biking was short lived as I caught the edge of a light shower at Kinneuchar.  I don’t like the bike being out in rain so I abandoned the exercise, and came back to Ivy and put the kettle on.   There weren’t any spits and spots o’ rain at Earlsferry so my washing was fine (I asked the joiner).  

I’m going to have an afternoon coffee in The Hutte;  and a catnap.   I’m tired after a complicated  drawing session.


21.00   The joiners have made good progress with the roof on the new build next door.   It’s a traditional build (which, the joiner told me, means a lot more work).... but It’s good seeing it all happen the way it used to be done.   Of course it is higher than the boundary wall was but not as high as it would have been if the ground hadn’t been excavated as it was.   I appreciate the fact that this was done.   I’m looking forward to the slates going on and seeing the finished roof.  

I’ve been rather tired today; making the bed the other day caught up with me, as I expected it to.   I should feel ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ tomorrow:  having said that our weather forecast for tomorrow is....’light rain with a moderate breeze’: not very promising weather for biking.   The sky is beginning to cloud over;  I’m wondering if the light rain might be during the night and we have ‘sunny spells with a low chance of precipitation’ tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....