Breezy .....

23rd July 2023 (Sunday)     09.00 .... There’s frisky wind from the North .... and


it ain’t warm;  in fact there’s a distinct feel of autumn in the air.   Funnily enough I’m feeling friskier this morrrrning  but it’s too windy (and cold) for the bike... so I went for the paper in the car.   The sun is breaking through the cloudiness and I’m looking for sunny spells by midday;  a touch of positivity is what I need this morrrning.... and another cuppa!


10.30   Positivity? .... I have a washing going through the machine;  bring on the sunny spells.

One of the jobs I least like is putting a downie intae it’s cover;  usually I end up crawlin’ aboot inside the cover trying to sort it.  Today, with the aid o’ claes pegs, I did it in a few minutes!  I’m thinkin’ that a celebratory mug o coffee.... and maybe even an Eccles cake, has been well earned.   I’m a happy boy.


15.30    The sunny spells began as predicted and we now have a beautiful ‘drying day’; and the aforementioned washing is almost dry.   In fact it might even be dry.  Our weather is ever so slightly different from what the golfers are experiencing at The Open, where it is windy and wet.  

I’ve been busy making up the bed in the big bedroom; not a job I’m that keen on, but it has been done.  The single bed is much easier but I’m moving back into the ‘big’ room for the  ‘winter’! 

19.30   ‘Le Tour’ is over for another year, with Jonas Vingegaard defending the Yellow Jersey with a 7 minutes and 29 second gap between him and the second placed cyclist, Tadjec Pogacar.   ‘The Open’ also finished today with Brian Harman (US of A) winning by 6 strokes.   That’s my afternoon tele watching done for another year.

Light rain showers with a gentle breeze’ is our weather forecast for Monday;  it could be

er ....a photograph of a Shag.

a good drying day.... but there’s a chance of showers in the afternoon.    I don’t have a plan for tomorrow.... but I’ll bike up to Elie for the paper first thing in the morning..... before the roads get busy.   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....