Bright and breezy ....

5th July 2023 (Wednesday)     “Happy Birthday” to ‘The Boss’ (Maggie) who would have been 82 today....   If the weather is agreeable ‘we’ will have afternoon coffee at Chapel Green.

08.15    It’s ‘bright breezy’ just now but light showers are mentioned in the weather

Grange Road houses.

forecast for KY9.   There’s a 50/50 mix of blue sky and clouds at the moment.... and I have a washing to hang out;  however an extra rinse won’t do  washing any harm if a ‘light shower’ does come our way.  

19.45   We had the kind of ‘light shower’ day that I like;  shower clouds to photograph but no showers.   And my washing dried so I’m a happy boy.

Theresa (Alice’s daughter), wanted to borrow an easel so I took that along to Alice.... and enjoyed coffee, lunch and an interesting  morning chatting, with Alice, Theresa and Lucas (Alice’s grandson).  An enjoyable morning passed in ‘nae time’....and we each went our separate ways.  I was back at Ivy by 14.00  and ‘resting’ in front of the tele by 14.20.   At 15.00, the weather being extremely agreeable, I made a mug o’ coffee and went up to Chapel Green to


celebrate the Boss’s birthday.   It was good seeing Chapel Green being for various activities.... including one very fit family (from South Africa)’: I felt quite ‘jealous’ then remembered that I’d been very fit too, up until a few years ago:  so I sat back and enjoyed watching all the activity.   Maggie would have been happy  seeing Chapel Green being ‘alive’ with happy people.   By this time I remembered that I hadn’t done any ‘ousework; and I went back home and did a bit of ooverin’ and dustin’.

22.30    It has been a lovely day and I have enjoyed it.... and tomorrow is forecast to be


sunny in the morning with cloud moving across in the afternoon;  it should be  a nice enough day.   I’ll go for the paper early in the morning then have a quiet day drawing and watching Stage 6 of ‘le Tour’ now and again.   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....