Mostly cloudy but dry.....

17th July 2023 (Monday)   06.30 ....Though mostly cloudy, it’s bright and dry,


 with the chance of showers in the afternoon.  It’s not what I’d call a brilliant ‘drying day’, but I might do a washing; if showers come our way it would get an extra rinse, but that’s easy enough sorted.   For some strange reason I’m feeling ‘playful and mischievous’ this morning. 

20.30    I went to Methil to visit Alice and do some shopping in the Bargain Store and Sainsbury’s.   We had a cuppa at Alice’s HQ before the shopping expedition.   Both shops were fairly busy....there was only one check out operational in Sainsbury’s, and there was a queue at it, so we did the self check out.   Most of our shopping was done in the Bargain Store but Sainsbury’s has items (Eccles cakes) that you don’t get in the Bargain Store.   I can never understand  the Bargain Store check outs; no matter how busy the shop is, going through the checkouts never takes long.    On the way out we met Honor and Jock coming in.... Jock was i/c trolley.  We chatted for a wee while then went our different ways;  Honor and Jock to their shopping, Alice and me back to Alice’s HQ for another cuppa.   I’d take the ‘Kinneuchar Project’ drawings to let Alice see, so we


browsed through them before having a bowl of soup for lunch.   Heavy duty clouds were starting to gather so Alice brought her washing in;  I worried about mine.  We had another cuppa before I set off home. The roads were dry until I got to Lundin Links, then wet all the way to Dumbarnie and dry until I reached the top of Ferry Road: my washing was slightly damp.   I left it dangling on the line and brought it in just before another shower came across..it was almost dry. After all that action I fell asleep.  This has been a relaxing day (apart from the washing) and I feel well rested and content.

22.30   My front garden is looking kind of ‘wild’ so I decided to venture out with the secateurs to so some pruning; I might even do some more tomorrow.   When I came in and made the chocolate and settled down to watch Chris Packham on the BBC ‘Earth’ series.... very interesting and educational.

The weather seems to have settled down to ‘mixed’ and cooler than it normally is at this


time of year;  mind you I’d rather have that than the temperatures  they are experiencing in parts of Europe and the US of A.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....