Fresh morning .....

1st July  2023 (Saturday)     07.30 .... The rain has moved away and we have a


bright and breezy morning.... with the general wetness of yesterday  being ‘sooked up’ by the brisk westerly breeze.   What a difference the sun makes.   That said, the gardens needed rain;  actually there’s a  ‘low chance of precipitation’ today, in the form of showers.   Forget the showers, it’s a bonnie morning and I’m going to Methil to visit Alice. I intend going out biking in the afternoon or early evening, when the roads are quieter.

19.30   I enjoyed my trip to Methil and my few hours ‘tormenting’ Alice; she’s always cheery and doin’ things....and is a good listener.  I talk too much.  We didn’t go anywhere (my breathing has been iffy today) so we just chatted, drank tea, ate banana bread and enjoyed really tasty lunch.   The time passed too quickly and in ‘nae time’ I was on my way back to Ivy..

There has been a brisk wind all day ....it is starting to moderate now;  but Sunday and Monday are going to be breezy days... with the chance of showers.   Actually we’re in for a week of mixed up weather.  


I haven’t been out on the bike at all today.   When I got back from Methil I put the kettle on and sat down to watch Stage One of ‘le Tour’.... but fell asleep and woke up on time to catch the last half hour;  the exciting bit.  Tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’, working on the Kinneuchar project.... and doing ‘ousework.   Today has ended with a migraine (weather).  

The villages appear to be busy with holiday makers;  I suppose it’s the start of the holiday season.  This would have been the beginning of the Edinburgh Trades fortnight  when I worked in Edinburgh.  It also means that I’ll have to get up and out early tomorrow morning;  then flick things around with the feather duster as Jo is visiting on Tuesday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....