Showers ....

15th July 2023 (Saturday)     07.53 .... “Thundery showers and sunny spells,

Graham's vintage PO van.

with a moderate breeze (S)”is the weather forecast for KY9 today .... we’ve already had a couple of light showers since I got up;  enough to stop me going out on the bike.    However, looking on the bright side, we should have an interesting batch o’ clouds bubbling up, for most of the day;  should be a good day for the camera.   I’m going to Methil to visit Alice, who is back in ‘residence’ after a trip to the Borders with Izzy.    Must go ‘slight flap on’ ... got a kettle that needs to be switched ‘on’.

20.15   What a beautiful day it turned out to be;  yes, we caught a couple of short, sharp showers, but that was all.... and the clouds made a bonnie background to photographs.   Photographs? .... it was ‘Elie Fayre Day’ today;  obviously that was the place to be with the camera, so I got the bike out.   In my haste to get up to Elie and back between showers, I went out without a penny in my pocket.  I’ve never done that before.  Cath offered to loan me some but I thought I’d just creep around on the outside and get a few photographs of the activity from that viewpoint.  Which is what I did.   The Fayre was busy, and I talked to plenty people outside ‘the Green’.... so from that point of view I was happy.   I’ll have to stop gettin’ intae a ‘flap on’ state.  Graham had his vintage PO van there;  so it was well photographed.   ‘Mr Bruce’ (Ian) was also there, on duty with the First Responders’ (Ian of the 'Craws Nest').   I enjoyed my visit to the Fayre, in spite of being embarrassed by my own stupidity of going there without money.

Kirsty (in the green top).

 Alice was lookin happy and relaxed after her short break in the Borders with Izzy.  Alice and Karen (daughter)had to stay ‘in’, waiting for an electrician coming to sort out a meter... a morning appointment.   Unfortunately nobody had notified Alice or Karen that the appointment had been cancelled.   The morning wasn’t wasted;  we enjoyed a cuppa, goodie and a blether... followed by lunch.

Stage 14 of ‘le Tour’ was one of the most exciting stages I have ever seen... and disappointment for the commentators.   The Stage was won by Rodriguez (Spain), who beat the two favourites, Tadjec Pogacar and Jonas Vingegaard, who were second and third on the same time.   I say ‘disappointing’ for the commentators because they come

First Responders.

across as favouring Pogacar.  In actual fact both ‘favourites’ are very much equal at the end of the day.  Stage 15 (tomorrow) is another climbing Stage.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....