Damp ....

31st July 2023 (Monday)    06.30 ....  There’s a bit of dampness around this


bonnie morning:  all the Fife Weather cams are showing a grey sky ....we had a ‘red sky in the morrrrrrning’ with light drizzle at 05.30, but the forecast is ‘heavy rain with a moderate breeze’.  The pollen count is ‘low’;  and I'm hoping for 'sunny spells' later in the afternoon.


15.15   With the weather being dreich I have made good progress with the drawing, and have another drawing ready to outline with ink.   But... the sky is starting to look more promising; and, if the weather continues to improve, I might get the bike out in the early evening.   We might even have sunny spells.   I could be hallucinating’;  I’ll have another cuppa.

17.30   The ‘improving sky’ (mentioned above) didn’t last long, and the weather deteriorated again, and the evening ‘sunny spells’ a figment of my imagination;  I don’t think sunny spells are going to come our way until tomorrow morning.   I feel sorry for folks with a young family wanting to play on the beach.   However I have had a successful day with the pencils.... and might even spend some of what looks like being a wet evening, with them too. 

I haven’t had any real exercise today;  both the weather and my breathing were not amenable to exercise.  Tomorrow looks like being brighter;  then again it wouldn’t take much for that to be the case.


19.30    The road through Williamsburgh is ‘Closed’ due to ongoing works with the gas.   When I worked at the Craw’s Nest I biked to Anstruther and I remember that, on any calm morning, there was a smell of gas, and that’s going back 30+ years.   It will be interesting to see if they find (and solve) the problem this time. I always assumed the leak was around the old gas works area.

Plan for tomorrow?   ‘Light rain and a moderate breeze’ is our official weather for tomorrow;  and I am adding ‘sunny spells from morning coffee time onwards’;   so that holiday makers can enjoy the beach and the gold course.... and I can go, ‘roond the villages’ on the bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....