Bright and breezy; so is the weather....

 

13th July 2023 (Thursday)     08.30 .... We have a showery looking sky;  but that


isn’t going to stop me hanging out a washing.  I have no doubt it will get a couple of extra rinses, but the next few days are much the same forecast ... so out it will go.   It’s a bonnie, bright and breezy’ morning but the weather forecast is ‘light rain showers with a moderate breeze’.    I’m a happy boy... and will be really happy if the showers miss us!

21.00   I am really happy;  the showers missed us.... and I have been a busy boy, but not as busy as Lorraine... she cut my hair!   My hair seems to grow faster nowadays; anyway Lorraine sorted it out... and I have a set o’ lugs again.  

I watched Stage 12 of ‘le Tour’ in the afternoon;  it wasn’t the most exciting stage but it was good seeing the lone breakaway win.   Stage 13 (tomorrow) is a mountain stage with a summit finish.... not that is hard.    The speed the top climbers will go up a 17km (over 10 ½ miles) climb, with an average steepness of over 7%, is absolutely amazing.   Pogacar is expected to win Stage 13.


I had a run up to Kinneuchar to discharge the bike battery in the early evening;  so I’ll ... er ... the bike will have a fully charged battery tomorrow.    How I feel depends on the weather.   I think the weather is going to be much the same for the next few days;  a mix of sunshine and heavy showers.... with bonnie clouds.  I’ll look up the weather apps after this update.


22.00   I checked the weather apps and ‘light rain with a moderate breeze’ is the forecast for our area tomorrow;  that means a ‘work’ in The Hutte day I’m thinkin’.... the early morning might be the best part of the day.   I’ll get up at my usual time to see how the weather is.

I’ve been thinkin’ about the HS rail link being built from London to Birmingham: 


apparently it will mean users will arrive in Birmingham (or London) 20 minutes sooner.  Would it no’ have been cheaper and easier to just change the daily timetable and make the trains depart 20 minutes earlier?

I’ve put the bucket’s out (including George’s); now I’m ready for the bedtime chocolate and a browse through the TV channels. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....