Lovely morning ....

12th July 2023 (Wednesday)     09.00 ....  there was a September feel to the air


this morrrrrrrrrrrning;.... nice fresh autumnal air.  On my tour of the villages I remembered to stop at the paper shop;  so I have papers to read, cycling to watch, drawing to draw; a busy day ahead for the boy.   It’s a lovely morning but thundery showers are forecast for the afternoon.... much the same as yesterday’s weather in fact.



18.45   I went up to Elie after morning  coffee (in the car) and made an appointment to have my haircut.   At first I didn’t think I’d get a parking space but I found one; luckily I have a ‘Bloo Badge.  Anyway I get my haircut at 11.30 tomorrow;  I’ll bike up .... if the weather is OK.


I’ve had a reasonably active day; I’d hoped to go out on the bike again in the afternoon but the weather has been too unsettled.... and we’ve had a few short sharp showers.   Now that the bike is back to normal I have regained my confidence (in the bike) and can go out whenever I want... and further afield.  I’d hoped to discharge the battery this afternoon /evening but the showers are still with us so I’ll flatten the battery tomorrow.  (You have to flatten the battery completely now and again to keep it ‘healthy). 



22.00  The thundery showers have been a nuisance today...but tomorrow’s weather forecast is ‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’. The sky won’t be as lively as it was today.

I went to ‘The Store to do a wee bit o’ shopping this morning.... and I met Eleanor (Craw’s Nest) who I haven’t seen for a while. We had a short chat... which brought back a lot of happy memories of our Craw’s Nest days...then we got on with the shopping.   It was when I went outside to load the messages in the car that the first heavy shower o’ rain struck; and the car got a wash as I drove through a deluge between Pittenweem and St Monans.

Tomorrows stage (12) of ‘le Tour’ is a hilly so should be more exciting than today’s


sprint stage was.   The exciting action on a sprint stage happens in the last 20 minutes or so.   Mind you ‘le Tour’ passes through some bonnie, and interesting, scenery.

 I am shocked and saddened by the revelation that Huw Edwards is the ‘mystery BBC Presenter’ making headline news just now.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....