Bonnie morning ....

19th July 2023 (Wednesday)     07.30.... It’s cloudy but the sun should break


through to give us sunny spells.... with the chance of a few passing showers later.   Funnily enough, in spite of the heatwave over our near neighbours in Europe, the temperatures here have been cool for the month of July: there is definitely something serious going on with our weather.  

21.00    The ‘paper run’ this morning was different;  I set off up Ferry Road planning to go through Elie Estate via North Lodge, but It was a nice quiet kind of morning so I went up to Kinneuchar, this time planning to go to Elie by way of Balbuthie Loan.   I ended up on Balcarres Estate, via the Double Dykes and had a wee explore up to the Rires road end.  This ended up being the test run that I’ve had in mind since I had the bike fixed.   All is good;  the gears are all working so I can browse the myriad of roads on Balcarres.   I never got to Elie; so nae paper.  I came home through Colinsburgh where I met Alan (Adamson) busy working with a strimmer.

Kinneuchar Castle entrance gate.

 
I got back home just before midday:  i was hungry after all that exercise so had an early lunch  before browsing this morning’s batch o’ photographs.  ‘Le Tour’ was on the tele early (11.15) because it was a mountain Stage (17) involving a lot of heavy climbing; so I watched a the ‘Tour’ and worked from time to time.... finally coming in to watch last hour of the Stage.    It was an exciting last hour:  the gap between the two main contenders, for the Yellow Jersey, has widened to 7 ½ minutes:  Vingegaard attacked on the last climb and Pogacar.  Couldn’t stay with him.   The Stage was won by Felix Gall.

22.15     The day has ended with heavy showers but they are forecast to peter out overnight, and we’re to have lovely morrrrning... with showers (thundery) forecast for the afternoon.   I’ll go out early and do a tour of the villages before going to Methil to visit Alice.

Balcarres House.

I am really happy with my bike and will do a proper tour of Balcarres in the next week or so.   The gears had been slipping for the past few months and I didn’t like going very far in case they gave up altogether.    WD40 helped so I kept putting off having it repaired.   I won’t do that again.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....