Quiet, balmy morning ....

10th July 2023 (Monday)   08.30.... It’s a beautiful morning:  I’ve been on the


‘paper run’ and managed to take a few photographs....  and forgot the paper.    I imagine the beach could be buy today;  having said that.... the weather forecast is ‘drizzle with a gentle breeze’ , which is better than the ‘thundery showers’  originally forecast for us this afternoon.  I’m thinkin’ that I might go out on the bike again in the evening;  this is a rest day for ‘le Tour’ and it’s a ‘rest day’ for me.

 

20.30   I have had a ‘rest day’;  all I have done is some drawing in the afternoon.   In the morning I went to Methil to see Alice and took her to visit Christina, a friend in Scoonie House Care Home.   I must say it is a beautiful Care Home.... Christina’s room is; ‘roomy’ and comfortably laid out;  and she is happy.... a good indicator that the Staff are also happy and efficient.  After our visit we went back to Alice’s and had lunch.  I didn’t stay long as Alice had her case to pack;  she and Izzy are going down to the Borders for a few days.


The air was awfie ‘close’ in the afternoon, with heavy shower clouds all around.... but we only had some spits and spots o’ rain.   There’s a Yellow warning (covering most of Scotland, including Fife) for heavy rain overnight.   No mention of thunder.   If the sky is anything to go by there’s a lot of rain all around us.... but only 2.2 millimetres have actually been measured at Lochgelly (Where the Fife weather Station is).

Tomorrow is going to be ‘scratch around Ivy’ day;  if the weather is OK in the morning I’ll go out on the bike early, before the ‘hustle and bustle’ of an Elie and Earlsferry day gets going.   It’s good to see the villages so busy; I think we’re a proper tourist destination nowadays.   There’s always somebody interesting to talk too; and talking is good.

 ‘Le Tour’ is back in action tomorrow after a rest day;  Stage 10 is hilly and should be


action filled.... so I’ll have that to watch in the afternoon.   I’ll make the chocolate before browsing the RV channels.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....