Sunny with showers ....

11th July 2023 (Tuesday)     07.00 .... last night’s rain has moved away and we


have showery weather forecast for the next few days;  the sun breaking through and we have the start of what should be a bonnie day , albeit with the chance of showers.   I’ll get the bike and take a turn round the villages after another cuppa; it’s a nice morning but the threat of showers isn’t far away just now.

11.00    It’s a beautiful morning.... but cooler than I expected it to be.  I enjoyed getting a few shots of David at his creels on ‘Seaspray’ .   Stuart (Harbourmaster) came round checking that all was good at the harbour.  It was.   I took a few more photos. then, feeling in need of breakfast by this time, I bumbled off home.  

The joiners are making progress with the roof trusses;  and I am going out to ‘The Hutte’ to make some progress with the ‘Kinneuchar Project’ after morning coffee.


20.30   The sky has been busy and interesting today;  my word we had some bonnie clouds.   We caught the edge of one shower;  Lochgelly had 11mm of rain.   I had a walk up to the seventeenth green to get a few shots of the clouds, and the golf course, and managed to get back to Ivy just as the clouds I’d been photographing reached us  and began to deposit their innards.   The rain didn’t amount to much and was short lived; since then we’ve had a lovely, albeit breezy, afternoon and evening.

It’s more than 70 years since I first clapped eyes on the remains of the pre Reformation kirk at Kinneuchar....but,  way back then I had other interests and ruins? ....they didn’t mean much.   However, over the years they have intrigued me... I mean there was a whole big kirk attached to the bits that remain.    Now I’m starting to have an idea just how big.... and how that kirk looked, thanks to the sketches done by the Rev Sime.  There’s a lot of work to be done but I am getting there; but not as fast as the joiners next door.

Tomorrow’s weather looks like being much the same as today’....’thundery showers and a

Clouds...what clouds?

moderate breeze’ being the forecast for KY9: There should be big old clouds for the camera again.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....