Overcast .....

14th July 2023 (Friday)    06.00 .... All the weather cams are showing an


overcast sky;  it isn’t actually raining but it’s not  a very promising looking start to the day.    I’m all fired up, but will wait and see how the weather develops in the next hour or so, before loupin' intae action..  Funnily enough I’m in a drawing mood so I’m not too bothered by the weather.  That said... I’d much prefer sunshine.    It’s cuppa time.

06.15    We've had a light shower since I last looked out, so no biking this morning.... I’m hoping for ‘sunny spells’ in the afternoon.

08.00   I’ve been for the paper (and got it)... then visited the harbour and came home by way of Kinneuchar.  At that time the rain was intermittent;  now we have steady, light rain;  good for the garden but not good for biking.  I’m having breakfast then I’ll go out and work on the ‘Kinneuchar Project’.


11.45     The sun broke through about 09.45 to give us a brighter and drier morning, but the threat of light showers isn’t very far away.   In fact we are going to have a band of light rain passing over us from the later afternoon and through the night.    I’ll take a turn round the villages after morrrrrrning coffee.

I’ve been working on one of the trickier of the Rev Sime’s drawings of the ‘Kinneuchar Kirk’ of 1818 (originals held in the HES archive)..   The Rev actually calls the drawing ‘Kinneuchar kirk from the Northeast’; (not Kilconquhar Church).   I have given myself a big job... but I am enjoying the challenge;  and beginning to feel that I know the Rev Sime!

19.00   I went out on the bike after morning coffee.   The target was Colinsburgh, but I’d only got far as Kinneuchar when I felt a few spots o’ rain, o I went up to ‘the arches for a potter around’ until I decided if the rain was going to be prolonged.  The spots o’ rain started to be closer together; that, and the fact that Stage 13 would be coming on at 14.00 helped me make my mind up to go home, before the spots became a regular shower.   The weather has deteriorated since then and we have a dreich evening.

Alice and Izzy are back from Newton Stewart after their short break away.  They enjoyed

The remains of the pre Reformation kirk at Kinneuchar.

their time in the Borders, but the journey home, through heavy rain, and a diversion because of a traffic incident, was not the most enjoyable;  but they arrived home safely a couple of hours ago.   I think Alice needs ‘tormenting’!   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....