Bright, sunny and warm ....

18th July 2023 (Tuesday)     09.45.... I had a really enjoyable paper run this

East end of Elie.

morning;   it’s bright, sunny and warm morning, with a beautiful early morning ‘light’.   And I remembered to get the paper!    I’ll have another cuppa after this update then work on the ‘Kinneuchar Project’ drawing.   I have another hard drawing to do.... then write it all up.  It’s a big task, but I’m enjoying the challenge.


16.45   The new build at Ferry Lodge is coming on in ‘leaps and bounds’;  and its traditional build.   Its great seeing a ‘house’ being built the ‘old fashioned’ way ....but with all the modern heat saving etc additions.   I’m enjoying seeing it all happen.

Liberty - Elie.

My ‘Kinneuchar Project’ drawing has also been making good progress;  and it too is being done the ‘old fashioned’ way: just like Rev Sime would have done 200 years ago.  I have also been watching Stage 16 (time trial) of ‘le Tour’,... but the TT is not the most exciting Stage to watch..... that said, the end result can be very important.    

There’s a change on with the weather by the look of the sky.... and the temperature has fallen a bit since with the sun being obscured, now and again, by a layer o’ cloud that has moved in.  It might just be a passing batch o' clouds.

20.45   I’ve been sorely tempted to go out on the bike, on what is a balmy evening, but.... because the bike has a fully charged battery, I decided to leave biking until tomorrow morning;  hoping that the balmy weather is still with us.

The end result of Stage 16 was dramatic.... with both favourites ending up first and


second.    Jonas Vingegaard had the better legs on the day and now has a lead of 1 minute and 48 seconds over his rival Tadej Pogacar.   Stage 17 (tomorrow) is a hard mountain stage....with 4 big climbs and a summit finish.

My ‘plan’ for tomorrow all depends on what the weather is like first thing;  if it’s balmy as I hope it is, and I’m feeling good,  I might go for a longer run on the bike.  In the mean time I’m going to have bedtime chocolate and find something to watch on the tele.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....