Nice morning .....

24th July 2023 (Monday)     08.20 .... I haven’t been anywhere on the


bike so far this morrrrrrrrning.   Why haven’t I been out?..... because I slept in:  I didn’t wake up until  06.30.   But I did enjoy a long and unbroken night’s sleep!   Making up a bed (which I did yesterday) is not a hard job; it’s the recovery time that takes longer!     Anyway we have a bonnie morning, and I will go out on the bike later ....when the roads are quieter.

20.00   I eventually got into gear after breakfast, and went to Methil to visit Alice, and have morning coffee.  We had some shopping to do so we did that, then went back to Alice’s and had lunch.... so... I have  had a much needed restful day.   When I got back to Ivy I made a cuppa and promptly fell asleep in front of the tele.   It wasn’t even switched on.


For some obscure reason I woke up thinking of the Kirk info form... that I hadn’t filled in; which has to be handed in by the end of this week.  If it isn’t handed in you are deleted from the kirk Toll.   I’ve been in Colinsburgh/Kinneuchar kirk since 1950 and didn’t fancy being ‘deleted’.   The kettle was switched on, the form filled in and half a mug o’ tea gulped down in ‘nae time:  and I was soon on my way up to Elie with said form... on the bike.   Well I won’t be going out on the bike at that time again.   When I go out early I can weave my way round the worst of bad bits on the way to Elie (and there are a lot of bad bits.... especially when you’re on a bike).   Of course at a busy time (and it was busy), I just had to plough on over the bumps etc.  There was a hold up at former Post Office (nothing new there) but I eventually got up to Elie... and the Kirk Hall.   I came home by way of Elie
 Estate!

21.00   I’ve been browsing the ‘Worldometer (Population)’ web page and it is one interesting website.  For instance the world population in 1960 was estimated to be 3 billion....  it is 8 billion now.... and forecast to be 10 billion in 2058;  it will have more than tripled in 100 years!   And those 10 billion people ain’t going to be “stood staunin’ lookin’ at each other!”  I’m thinkin’ we’re going to have to get really serious about saving the Planet .... from homo sapiens!

‘Thundery showers and a moderate breeze’ is our forecast for tomorrow;  and


a rest day for Alberto.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....