Warm and overcast .....

4th July 2023 (Tuesday)    “Happy 247th Independence Day” to all my friends in the good old US of A.

07.00 .... the sky is overcast and there’s  some mist around but it’s warm ... and  isn’t


raining.    The weather forecast is ‘light rain showers with a gentle breeze’.... so we could have a nice enough day if the showers are few with (hopefully) frequent sunny spells.  I’m looking forward to a 'nae flap on' day.... I might go out in the evening .... if it's sunny.  Unfortunately the wind has veered to the East and the weather is coming off the North Sea.

08.00    I went for the paper (in the car) and visited the harbour;  the light rain mentioned in the weather forecast began when I was at the harbour so I didn’t linger.... just took a few photos to record the weather.... then back to Ivy for breakfast.

19.45   The weather has not been very agreeable today ....in fact it has been miserable.   Luckily I had Jo visit me in the morning, and we had a good ‘catch up’ over morning coffee.   I then had  Stage 4 of the ‘le Tour’ after lunch.   Today’s stage wasn’t very exciting....the action came at the end with the sprinters.... but the scenery and the wee villages they passed through were interesting;  and I did the ironing when watching it.   The weather was that dreich that I never went out to The Hutte to ‘work’.... I like the cheeriness of the sun when working out there.  


21.00    It has been one of those days that made it hard to be enthusiastic about doing anything;  however I did have one bit of unintentional excitement.   As I said earlier Stage 4 wasn’t ‘iggzactly’ exciting but I sat down to watch it when having a cuppa... taking a break from the ironing/’ousework.   I fell asleep nursing the cuppa.... I’m sure you can guess what happened!   Luckily I had drunk most of the content.... but what was left was wet and necessitated a change o’ breeks and boxers.  I must have been really tired because I rarely ‘nurse’ a cuppa on my lap.

 Our weather is going to be brighter tomorrow (it would be hard not to be brighter than

it was today).... with ‘light rain showers and a gentle breeze’ being forecast for KY9.   Thursday looks like being the next day I’ll be out on the bike.

I’m going to have my bedtime chocolate and browse the TV channels;  but I’ll most likely end up in bed with my book.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....