Bonnie, fresh mroning ....

2nd July 2023 (Sunday)     08.00 .... There’s a load o’ fresh air about, on what is


a ‘bright and breezy’ morning;  a good drying day in fact.   I’ve been for the paper and will go out on the bike after this update (and another cuppa).    The air feels cooler than normal for this time of year... (the start of the main ‘holiday season’). ...but it should be pleasantly warm once the sun gets going, and  away from the frisky wind. 

15.30   I enjoyed a run, on the bike, up to Elie and then home by way of the Estate before morrrrning coffee.  I expected to meet folk on the estate road but didn’t, in fact I didn’t see anyone I knew all the way round.   Since then I have been ‘resting’;  watching the Tour on and off and generally relaxing.   Actually I relaxed a little bit too much and fell asleep in the afternoon.   A funny kind of noise woke me out of my slumbering;  a thundery shower o’ rain:  I suddenly remembered that the washing I’d hung out would have been dry.... and, just as suddenly decided that it had just had an extra rinse so it’s out there until it dries.   I made a cuppa and will now watch the end of Stage 2 then get the pencils out in the evening.

Looking East from Elie phone box.

20.00   I came across a new gate on the estate road that diverts you onto a local Fife Core Path:  sadly the gate is necessary because of vandalism near the boathouse.   The ‘core path’ route is not the most interesting as it by passes the best views of Kinneuchar loch.... and the views of the kirk.   Unfortunately the actions of a few can spoil it for many.

The washing that got an extra rinse has dried in the evening sun.   I was slightly sneaky;  I brought it in and  gave it a high speed spin before hanging it out again.

21.15   The day has ended with a bonnie evening; the wind has moderated and the


showers moved away and all is serene and unruffled looking.   Havin’ said all that.... tomorrow is going to be another breezy day with the chance of showers in the afternoon.  I want the weather to settle down so that I can have a run up to Balcarres.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....