Fresh morning .....

20th July 2023 (Thursday)     09.00 .... The paper run has been done.... and I got


the paper!   It’s a bonnie, fresh morning.... and I’m feeling frisky.   I went out towards the lighthouse but, with the bike battery being on one bar I didn’t go all the way;  the battery flattened just as I got home.... perfect timing.   I’ll put it on charge when I get back from Methil.



17.45    Alice and I went to Dysart Harbour for a wander around before having a cuppa and scone in the Harbour Master’s House Cafe.   It was a bonnie morning ....a pity that the tide was out but that’s how harbours are .... and the Dysart Harbour atmosphere is very relaxing regardless to the state of the tide.   That said; high water does make for bonnier pictures.   Having enjoyed our cuppa (and scone) we travelled back to Methil where we studied  Alice’s pet ants who were in an agitated state, suggesting a nuptial flight might be about to take place.   We gave up watching the ants and had a bowl of soup for lunch, before I set off home.

Back at Ivy the workmen are making huge progress with the Ferry Lodge extension;  weather permitting it looks like the roof will be ready for slates in the next couple of weeks.


21.00   I’ve had a quiet afternoon ....sleeping in front of the tele being one of the ‘quiet’ things I did.  Watching Stage 18 of ‘le Tour’.... and it had an exciting  finish;  the breakaway group beat the peleton by a few seconds.   I always like it when a breakaway wins on a ‘sprint’ stage... so I’m a happy boy tonight.  Stage 19 is a hilly stage so could and could be good for another breakaway group.

The weather is still unsettled but it was mostly dry today;  The forecast for KY9 tomorrow is....’light rain showers with a moderate breeze’: More or less the same as today.   The forecast for Saturday and Sunday is ‘precipitation now and again of varying intensity’.  The bike has a fully charged battery so I might go for a reasonable run out tomorrow.... just in case it is damp over the weekend.

I have been tired today;  probably because I had a decent run on the bike yesterday.   I’ll


have an early night in bed and see how the weather is in the morrrrrrrrning.   I’m reading a book about smugglers on the South Coast (the Brighton/ Eastbourne area) and it brings back happy memories.   Not of smuggling I might add.... the pleasure knowing the area, and the villages and towns mentioned in the book!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....