Fresh SW breeze ....

29th July 2023 (Saturday)      09.00 .... There’s a frisky SW breeze bringing


 loads o’ interesting clouds.... and fresh air over the Firth.  The weather is forecast to be much the same as yesterday’s.... light rain showers with a moderate breeze’;  in fact that’s  the weather for the next few days.  

I took the car up to Elie to get the paper  (and visited the harbour).   All is good at that end o’ the toon...though I noticed that Liberty is full of parked cars.    Going to Elie, via Liberty and Bank Street, could be difficult.


16.30   I went out on the bike about 11.00, but  ... my word the main roads were busy.  Anyway I wanted to go to Kinneuchar kirkyard to have a quiet moment at Harry and Sheila Joss’s grave side: Sheila was laid to rest beside Harry yesterday and I was unable to go to the funeral.  This was a nice morning for a bit of quiet thinking.   With the roads being busy I decided to come home by way of the Shell Bay/ Grangehill to Elie and


Earlsferry road: it too was busy .... with walkers!   It was a bonnie day to be out on the bike.....sunny and warm.   It was too warm in fact.... then again, I was togged up to contend with a cold snap.  Actually when you are going at 15.5 mph on the bike you do create a cool breeze.

Now for exciting news:  I am going to be a ‘Great Grandad’!   Emily (Granddaughter)... of John and Emily (Somerset/ Cumbria, Sussex, is pregnant.   At the moment I am the ‘adopted’ Great Granddad to Darcy and Sully: does being a triple Great Grandad mean that I can be thrice as grumpy?   Happy days for this... er ....elderly person! 

There are thundery showers around;  I thought I heard a rumble of thunder not long ago.... and we’re having a thundery shower as I type.   There is a thunder storm brewing up on the Borders.... could we be in for an 'intermittently damp' evening/ night?

20.30   We’ve had a couple of heavy showers, but in between them is fine; showers are


forecast overnight, with the chance of thunder tomorrow morning.   It should be ‘sunny with light showers’ by morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee time.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....