Overcast with drizzle ....

27th July 2023 (Thursday)     08.00 .... Mmmmm...it’s overcast, with light


drizzle, coming in off the North Sea on a light Easterly breeze; it’s not a bonnie start to the morning.    In fact, it’s a good morning for tormenting, and having morrrrrrrrning coffee with Alice:  we could do some shopping if necessary.   It should be brighter in the afternoon;  I’m looking for sunny spells!

18.00   I have been one busy boy today; and I haven’t done any drawing yet!  With the weather being damp in the morning I went to Methil to visit Alice. We had a cuppa and caught up with each other’s ‘news’ before going to Leven (Sainsbury’s) to get some vital shopping.   The shopping didn’t take long and Alice’s kettle switched to the ‘on’ within three quarters of an hour.   After another cuppa (and blether) I set off for Ivy, and was back in time to go round to the 19th and have a pre arranged lunch with Kirsty and Myra.  That took care of food for today


Back home after saying ‘cheerio’ to the girls at the 19th, I decided to have a cuppa a then do a wee bit of drawing.  When I woke up my mug o’ tea was cold, and the tele blathering on about selling houses in the country.   Now that I have surfaced I’m going to have a mug o’ coffee to waken me up, and have a wander out to The Hutte.  I have decided that this is a ‘rest day’.  Orf to make the coffee!

20.30    A ‘rest day’ this has been;  I never even went out on the bike.   We ended up the sunny spells, but the sky has clouded over in the past couple of hours and it looks like we could have some overnight rain.   It’s actually warm tonight (could mean a restless night).... and forecast to be sunny and warm tomorrow ....with the chance of showers.  

Tomorrow will be a ‘working day’ for me, after I pick up the paper and take an early run


round the villages.   I’m looking for a bright and sunny start to the day... and for me to be ‘bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to draw.  The pencils have been sharpened.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....