Cool ....

25th July 2023 (Tuesday)     09.00 ....  The first thing I noticed this


morrrrrrrrning was the temperature;  so I donned  heavy duty togs to go out on the bike.    It’s a nice enough morning  but there is a cool breeze;  definitely not the temperatures what we expect in July.   Anyway, suitably wrapped up, I went up to Elie for the paper and photographed my way back to Ivy Cottage, via Chapel Green.    This is arrest day and I shall spend most of it in The Hutte.... once the sun breaks through.   At the moment it’s breakfast time.



14.00   After a short spell of light rain the sky is beginning to brighten up... with a lot of blue sky beginning to show.... and... it isn’t as cold as it was earlier.   I’ve been drawing most of the morning;  making sense of some parts of the Rev Sime’s sketches can be tricky.  For instance, on one sketch plan he has a window down as a three light window;  the same window becomes a square ‘sort of window’ in another sketch.   It may have been ‘converted’ after the Reformation.   It’s a challenge... and that’s good for the brain.   A cuppa is required I’m thinkin’.

Williamsburgh.

19.30   This has been a successful ‘drawing day’; I managed to complete one of the harder drawings and was in the process of going round it with the fine line pen when the first rumble of thunder rattled the Hutte windows; I was in between lines so no disastrous  squiggles.  And I sorted out Rev Sime's ‘windows’: I should finish this drawing tomorrow.  The rain that came with the thunder was short lived but heavy; unfortunately I still have the migraine that arrived just before the thunder.

My ‘today’ has been a bit like the weather;  mixed up.   The bike battery has been charged... so, if the weather is fine in the morning, I might have a wee bit longer ‘paper run’.   The forecast for KY9 tomorrow  is ‘light rain showers with a moderate breeze’: 

Williamsburgh.
I’m thinkin’ it should feel pleasantly warm in the sun.... and that the showers will bubble up in the afternoon. The sky is starting to clear after that thundery shower; I’m looking for a balmy morning.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....