Wintry feel to the air ....

5th March 2023 (Sunday)    08.30....The beach was quiet this morning.... there


was only one dog, exercising its owner and me.  (My grammar is rubbish; the dog wisnae exercising 'me'... I was the ither person on the beach).   Mind you there’s a cauld NW breeze (F3 on Well Safe Guardian):  it’s not a morrrrrrrning for building sand castles.   Sunrise happened behind low cloud but it eventually broke through for brief spell;  ‘light rain’ is forecast to come our way in the afternoon.   Must ‘go’...’slight flap on’;  I’m hungry.





21.30    I have been a busy boy today;  in fact after you know how much ‘work’ I have done  you will feel tired too.   Welll.... maybe no’.   First of all I smartened the car up as it’s going to St Andrews to be serviced tomorrow.   There was a time when I would have polished it but that was in ‘the good old days’.... when the world was quieter and greener.   Having done that I had a cuppa and while having that cuppa I decided to tidy up the bookcase:  i.e. take the books out, dust them and wash the polish the innards of the bookcase, then put the books back all neat and tidy.   This is a long job which I will finish tomorrow.... I occasionally stop to browse a book.  This is the bookcase with the old books in it.   One set ...’Cassel’s Household Guide’... I get my housekeeping tips from.    The Victorian way of doing ‘ousework was simple;  employ servants:  that's 'me'.   One section, on household pests, shows how to make a ‘Simple Mousetrap’:  it ain’t simple.   I love this set of books.... they give an interesting insight into the Victorian period.   That’s why doing the bookcase takes so long.   Nope.... I won’t be making a Victorian mouse trap;  actually that might be an interesting exercise.   Anyway;  in spite of browsing the books, and stopping for cuppas, I hope to have that bookcase finished tomorrow.


All the weather forecasters I’ve seen today are forecasting snow showers down the East Coast over the next couple o’ days.   If that is the case I’ll start making the bedroom ready for Janice and Michael; that shouldn’t take too long.... there’s less in the way of reading there.... and they aren’t coming until 4th April.   Och.... there’s loads o’ time.

I’d better get ready to go to bed;  I should be tired after all this work I’ve been doing but, apart from my eyes, I’m not.   Happy me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....