Dreich .... ....

16th March 2023 (Thursday)    07.30 .... Hmmmm...it’s damp.   We have one

Bawbee Brig (Leven) roadworks.

of those dreich mornings when hibernation seems an attractive option.    But not for me;    I am ready to take the car for its service (Leven;  and then spend the day 'tormenting' Alice until the car is ready. 

Iain phoned last night to say the they (Jackie and Iain) will be coming down on Saturday morrrrning... so I’m looking forward to that;  it’s only for a day trip so I won’t do  much ‘ooverin’ and dustin’.  

17.00    What a difference the service has made to the car;  maybe I should have it serviced oftener!   Anyway that is the car done and dusted.... and the plastic bit that was ripped off at the harbour has been replaced... I’m a happy boy again.  

A clear sooth ....

Alice and I had a quiet day chatting and drinking cuppas;   the weather brightened up a bit after lunch but we had to stay in until the garage phoned;  which they did just after lunch.    After picking up the car we went to Starbucks for a coffee, then round to the Bargain Store (Cheap Shop) for some bits and pieces, before going up to Alice’s to drop off the shopping.    Alice wanted to visit a friend in the Care Home so I dropped her off at the front door of said Care Home when on my way back to Ivy.

21.00     I’ve had a busy day today.... but , being with Alice, it has been fun... and enjoyable.   It was year ago this week that George died so it has been a hard time for Alice, but she keeps herself busy and always manages a smile even in the hard times.   Alice is happiest when she’s doing things for other people; and good fun to be with.

I am looking forward to Iain and Jackie coming down on Saturday.  I’d best have a run


round with the ‘oover and flick things with a duster;  doing that always makes me feel good.   Ye Gods.... I’m easy pleased!

It’s going to be considerably warmer tomorrow... the weather forecast is ‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’ so it could be a bonnie day;  with interesting clouds.  I’ll take time out from ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ to get a few photographs to play with.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....