Damp after overnight rain....

12th March 2023 (Sunday)    09.00.... The day began overcast and damp but....


the sky is beginning to brighten up, with blue patches coming over us;   we’ll be bathed in glorious sunshine in a wee while.  I wouldn’t say that I am louping aboot like a spring lamb, but I have been for the paper and down to the harbour;  I’m thinkin’ this will be a ‘sort out Maggie’s office stuff’ day.   I don’t feel adventurous just now.




22.45    I’ve been out (at the bucket) and the air is mild;  if it’s warm tomorrow morning I’d go out on the bike.   Unfortunately the forecast is for ‘heavy rain’... followed by a Yellow warning of rain/sleet or snow on Monday night.    I’ve a funny feeling that I won’t be going out on the bike.

The shredder has been going, intermittently, for most of the afternoon.... and will be doing the same tomorrow if it’s wet.   It’s a canny job shredding out of date paper.... and I should end up with some shelf space and a bunch o’ empty ring binders.

I watched Scotland v Ireland in the afternoon;  Ireland won 22 – 7.   The first half was exciting with both teams playing good rugby; however it was a different game in the second half.   Ireland upped their game and Scotland sort of floundered and that was it.


This has been a quiet day for me.... apart from the noise of the shredder that is.  I think I am recovering from the ‘flu and should be back to normal in a few more days.... and once the cold weather is past.  

My bedtime book, ‘Tractors, Kalashnikov’s and Green Tea’, is one of those book that is hard to put down.... even when your eyelids are falling down.  The Author’s (Ian Johnston) interest in tractors, that began, as a ten year old, at Grangehill Farm when his family came to live in Earlsferry during the war,.... makes fascinating reading.   Orf to make the chocolate.... and then to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....