Heavy precipitation ....

13th March 2023 (Monday)    08.00.... The sky is overcast, it’s raining, all the


Fife Weather cams are grey, and the weather forecast is ‘heavy rain with a moderate breeze’; not a very cheerful looking start to the day.  However, there has been a lack of rain recently and gardens need rain so it’s very welcome.   Sunny spells today?.....perhaps later in the afternoon.   It’s a shredder/ousework/multiple cuppas day for me.



22.30   I am a happy boy!   Today was a good day for sorting out Maggie’s office bit.   That meant shredding loads of out of date paperwork.   That has all been done.... and the shredder finally gave up just as I was finishing off.  The shredder must be 15 years old and it had been running slow and labouring a bit.   But that’s not what stopped it:  I, foolishly fed a pamphlet in... and... just as it began to pull it in I thought, “that’s too thick”;  the ‘thinking’ was too late.... the machine jammed and then conked out.   I don’t know if I’ll bother with a new one as most of the shredding has been done.   Anyway the top shelf in the ‘office’ has been washed and polished,  and is ready to accommodate the bits and pieces that I intend keeping:  considerably less than was there this morning.   I should finish that tomorrow morrrrrrrrning.


This has been a good ‘old fashioned’ wet day....a perfect day for Tom and Natalie’s new hedge.   It’s looking bonnie again after the frost damaged bit was replaced.

I’ve been watching a stone mason working on Berneray, cladding a new built house with the stone the bed rock stone that the house is built on.  It was done in a similar way to the new ‘Chapel Green House’...the stone was different, but the effect the same: Really bonnie....and natural.

After a day o’ rain we now have a Yellow warning for snow and ice... active until 10.00 tomorrow;  strange weather indeed.    Tomorrow will be brighter than today... and also colder.  I’ll continue with the ‘office’ clean up.... but will take time out to go for a paper... and get a few ‘sunny spell’ photographs.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....