Showery morning ....

24th March 2023 (Friday)   08.30....This morning’s weather has a  look of


showery day... but sunny spells come between showers so we could have a bonnie day ... with an interesting sky.   The weather forecast for KY9 is....32.5 second pause.... is ... ‘light rain and a fresh breeze’!   It could be a ‘play day’.... with a few ‘rest’ periods in between the ‘play’ bits.   The air is reasonably warm so I might get the bike out after breakfast.

21.00    The wind dropped away to just a light breeze after lunch... and the air became pleasantly warm.... in fact it was almost summerlike.  By the middle of the afternoon interesting clouds began to build up and they gave few showers later in the afternoon, so it has been a day of mixed weather.... but an enjoyable one.   I got the bike out and went up to Kinneuchar then up to Chapel Green when I got back to The Ferry.  The road to Kinneuchar was busy... as was Chapel Green.   I sat on Jim’s seat and pondered;  day dreaming is something I am good at.   I moved from Jim’s seat to Maggie’s seat and did a bit more pondering.... then from Maggie’s seat to the Three Webster’s Wedding’s seat... from where I spotted a naval vessel to the Southwest of May Island, so I took a few photos.   I could see that it was a


Type 45 Destroyer (one of our modern navy vessels) but didn’t think it would be a very clear photograph because it was at extreme range and it was slightly misty.  Boats and birds is what I bought this camera for but this would be a real test.    Anyway I photographed my way home... switched on the kettle and downloaded day’s batch of photographs.  I was surprised to find that the Type 45 photos were better than I expected... it came up as ‘British Warship’ on the Marine App, but  I could read a number on its side that looked like D36, and with further research I came to the conclusion that is was most likely HMS Defender.  If the six was a ‘5’ (it wasn’t very clear) it was HMS Dragon.   So that has been my ‘work’ for today.   I’m a tired but content boy after all that.

We are forecast to have ‘light rain with a moderate breeze’ tomorrow;  I’m looking for


sunny spells in the afternoon.   Tomorrow I must do some ‘ousework now that I’m back down to Earth after my birthday.   I don’t think had a ‘flap on’ at any time today:  Michael and Janice arrive on the 4th April so there will be a few ‘flaps’ before then.   I’m a happy boy’ tonight:  a happy but tired boy.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....