Iain and Jackie .... .....

18th March 2023 (Saturday)    08.00....We’ve had some overnight rain, but the


rain has move away and the sun is breaking though to give us short sunny spells.... and it is warm.   It could be ‘play day’ ....once Jackie and Iain arrive.   In the meantime I’ll have breakfast before having a last minute run roond wi’ the ‘oover.   I hope the weather is fine for the journey down from Auchnagatt.... and up later in the afternoon.

18.30   Iain and Jackie arrived at 09.30, just as the kettle boiled.   So we had a cuppa, and caught up with each other’s news.   Jackie and Iain then had a walk to the beach while I defrosted soup for lunch.  Over lunch we considered various options where we’d like to spend a couple of hours;  finally settling for the Cupar Garden Centre.


The Garden Centre was busy;  the fact that they were doing a special menu for ‘Mother’s Day’ weekend, in the Restaurant, probably helped to bring in customers.  We joined the throng and enjoyed a wander round a very colourful Garden Centre before bumbling into the Restaurant to have a cuppa and a scone.   On the way round I came across a Fergie (Ferguson) tractor ... I got three photographs before the camera battery went flat.  It was 16C on the car thermometer when we left Cupar to go back to Ivy, after a very warm and enjoyable afternoon.

We had another cuppa then a bite to eat before the ‘troops’ set off for Auchnagatt at 17.30.   I put the dishwasher ‘on’.....then dozed off in front of the tele.   I made a mug o’ coffee to help waken me up... then fired up the computer.

22.00   I forgot to mention the ‘Fergie’ tractor at Cupar Garden Centre;  I couldn’t


believe it.    We were browsing floo’ers ‘n stuff when .... suddenly there it was;  a genuine ‘Fergie’ (Ferguson) tractor.  I promptly forgot about the floo’ers... Jackie went to the car to get my camera, and I got four photographs of the tractor ... then the camera battery went. 

I have enjoyed myself with the ‘Troops’ today ;  unfortunately, though this has been a bonnie day there was something in the air that agitated the breathing tubes and slowed me down. Funnily enough my breathing is better now, so I’m off the make the chocolate.... and then to bed.  The air might be cleaner tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....