Quiet morning ....

30th March 2023 (Thursday)     08.30..... It’s a quiet peaceful morning;  there’s


only a light breeze, so  I’m not sure that it’s going to be a great ‘drying day’.... according to the weather forecast, the chance of precipitation is ‘low’, so the washing is going through the machine.  At the moment, by the look of the sky, I’d say the ‘chance of precipitation’ is ‘high’.

Funnily enough I am feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this morrrrrrrning.... and in ‘mild flap on’ mode.   The ‘plan’ is to go for the paper(s) after breakfast.   Food isn’t a problem as we (‘The Team’) are going to the 19th Hole for lunch.


17.00    Lunch at the 19th was, as it always is, excellent!  I had one of my favourite foods... sausages and mash.   We had a good old chinwag and generally enjoyed a pleasant lunch;  but we miss Geoff.  Our next birthday lunch will be Geoff’s in May.

 We ended up with a good ‘drying day’..... in other words my washing dried... albeit slowly due to the wind being of the ‘nae wind’ kind.   I’m going to iron it when watching something on the tele this evening.   As per ‘plan’ I went up for the paper, then to the harbour.   Things were happening down there;  Angus had the first board walkers of the season out on the bay.   I eventually realised that the two ‘board walkers’ with Angus were out for the first time:  they never went ‘vertical’.   It was a lovely quiet day for them going out so I’m sure they enjoyed themselves.   I got a few photographs of the first signs of Spring at Elie Watersports.

There was a juvenile seal on the rocks at the harbour:  seals must have a keen sense of


smell, because the only part of me visible (to it) was my head and I froze as soon as I spotted the seal; it couldn’t see me but knew I was there.   I got a few photos before it slithered off into the water.   



22.30    I found something to watch on the tele this evening;  an hour long documentary about the building, and the story of the luxurious passenger liner ‘Queen Mary’.    When we were sailing out of Southampton to Cyprus in aboard the ‘Empire Fowey’ (in 1958)... the ‘Queen Mary’ was coming in from New York.   Suddenly the ‘Empire Fowey’ seemed awfie small.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....